Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Puzzled Life

Hellooo Everyone,
When I find myself wasting too much time, like being on the computer or watching too much TV, I like to pass the time by putting puzzles together. It's something I've always loved to do since I was a kid. I find it relaxing and rewarding. I also find it very similar to my recovery. At first my life was like the puzzle, strewn all over the table, in pieces. I had to start to put my life together in order to feel whole. But I had to be patient. I started with a piece here and there. As I continued, it seemed to get a little easier, the picture began to take shape and I felt good about it. Every day I kept working on it, making progress (sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly). Eventually, the day came when I finally completed it. I was very proud of my accomplishment. I would display it for days, admiring it everytime I walked by. So now what? How long do I just let it sit there? Not too long, I've noticed. When it's finished, that's it. No more pieces to fit together, no more challenges. Ah, but there IS something I can do. I can start the next puzzle of my life. I can't let it sit idle, I must keep moving on to the next challenge, otherwise I get too lazy and complacent. My kids enjoy helping me put puzzles together. When I think about it, they are the most important pieces of my life puzzle, along with the program and God (the Centerpiece).
Until next time, God Bless.

{Note of Inspiration: In Christian service, giving is more than just a word. It's a way of life. Share your time, talent, and treasure.}

{Freely you have received, freely give. ~ MATTHEW 10:8}

No comments:

Post a Comment