Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting Ahead...of Myself

Hellooo Everyone,
I've mentioned that I'll be getting custody of my 2 youngest kids in June, therefore, applying for housing assistance, day care assistance, etc. So lately I've been looking at places thinking, "that'd be a nice place to live", "I hope I can get that place", etc. Well yesterday I got a letter stating that I'm on the waiting list for housing assistance and that the estimated wait would be 2-3 years! I thought, "there must be a mistake". So I went to the county agency to ask. They said that that's the waiting list for assistance. I got a sick, disappointed feeling in my gut. I mean, I knew that I'd be on the waiting list but didn't think it'd be 2-3 years. My first thought was "what am I gonna do?". Since being in recovery, I've tried not to be too cocky about things like this. I try not to set myself up for a big downfall or disappointment because that would be doing my own will. Running my own show, if you will. Now I look at it as a lesson learned. God didn't want to hand me this stuff on a silver platter. He wants me to practice my patience and faith. He does have something better for me but I have to do the work. Keeping my end of the bargain. He has the tools for me, I just have to go out and find them. They're out there, I know they are. He reminds me when I get a little too ahead of myself. But He also likes to test me and see how I handle it. So, back to the drawing table, keep looking, keep my head up, and keep the faith. Until next time, God Bless.

Daily Passage: Need rescue today? Look up! God is always there to help you.

I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord. -PSALM 121:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment