Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Wish I Would've...

Hellooo Everyone,
Y'know, it's times like these when we all say to ourselves, "if I knew what I know now, I would change alotta things". That would be nice, wouldn't it? But it's not only the people in recovery that say that.
My mother will be 80 next month. She has diabetes and is not able to walk on her own because the ligaments in her knees are gone. She says she wished that she would've done more excercising 10 years ago and that she wouldn't be in this condition. I tried to comfort her by saying that I too wish I would've done things different. For me, my life has gotten better, with her, it's almost too late, physically. I went on to say that we've all done things we can't change and what we have to do now is accept the consequences of our actions or lack of. I look at it as another hurdle God has set up for us. I wish I would've sobered up sooner and saved money so I would be able to buy a nice place to live. But the situation I have in front of me right now is a test of my faith, in my opinion. If God made things easy for us, we wouldn't need faith. We'd be lazy and order God to give us what we want. I'm glad He doesn't do that, I'm a better person because of it. I think alot of you feel the same way.
Until next time, God Bless.

{Daily Passage: God knows the worst about us, yet for Christ's sake, loves us dearly.}

{For the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. - 1 CHRONICLES 28:9}

No comments:

Post a Comment