Saturday, January 17, 2009

Opening Day

Helloo everyone,
My name is Gerry & I'm new to this, or in other words, trying to catch up on the internet thing. I figure, kids are blogging nowadays, why can't I? As I get better at this, my main focus is to reach out to those that are in recovery and hopefully help as I share my ongoing journey.
This coming April, by the grace of God, I'll be 4 years sober. It took a long time to surrender and to put total faith in God. After pushing everyone that loves me away, somehow they still love me. Including my kids. Yeah, it took a long time for them to trust me again, but it was only by 'showing' them instead of 'telling' them that I have changed. In no way could I blame them for that.
Since I've been in recovery, God has blessed me with so many things that I didn't think possible. Some of them are material things, but most of them are linked to my family. My kids are my life for the first time. Sure, I've always loved my kids, but the love I have for them now is undescribable.
As of now, I'm about to start a whole new chapter in my life. I'm getting custody of my two youngest kids in early June. Alot of stuff to get ready for.
Until next time, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment