Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Do Not Fear

Hellooo Everyone,
So I went to the plasma bank, you know, to help save lives, and get paid for it. Well, when I got done, I'd thought I'd take a different way home. Well, leave it to me, I got lost, temporarily. I drove through a neighbor for a little while until I saw a highway similar to the one I was looking for. So I got on it knowing if it wasn't it, there'd be signs telling me where I was, which direction I was going, and how to get to the one I was looking for. For a little while, fear set in. It was raining/snowing and I don't like driving at night on wet roads especially when I don't know where I'm going. After about 10-15 minutes of white knuckling the steering wheel, I saw a sign that I recognized and took the next exit. I had found my way. I know this all sounds stupid, but I grew up on a farm and never really learned how to drive in the 'big city' until my first year of sobriety. Through alot of faith and patience and paying attention, (and not totally freaking out), I learned to be calm and God will show me the way. He gives me tools to handle situations that used to force me to give up right away without making an attempt. He didn't drive the car for me or turn the steering wheel but He put 'signs' up to let me know that there's always another way. To say the least, I'll be sticking to the map that I used in the first place. But I did make an attempt to try something that I wasn't accustomed to. I tried it, but it wasn't for me. It was so comforting that God was in the passenger seat though.
Until next time, God Bless

{Daily Passage: Sing a song of joy today. Fill your heart with praise!}

{My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. ~ PSALM 28:7}

No comments:

Post a Comment