Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Apologies

Hellooo Everyone,
Y'know, when I started doing this blog thing, my main focus was reaching out to the recovering alcoholic and addict, spiritually speaking. Well, after looking through some of my recent posts, I noticed that I was talking more about God than I was about AA (my recovery program of choice). Don't get me wrong, God is huge part of my life but AA is also. It appears that I'm not balanced lately. I apologize for that. It wasn't my intent. The people I've met in AA, especially the ones in my home group, are the most loving people (besides my family) I've ever met. They've helped me so much in my recovery so far, not because they're geniuses or anything, it's because they've been through it. Their stories are no better or worse than mine, just different situations and circumstances. That's it! We've all faced those awful feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and abandon. The best part of recovery is being with people who've experienced those same feelings (and countless others) and have found a way to turn their lives around. Remember, There is a Solution, Chapter 2 in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. It's my favorite chapter in the Big Book because there's so much hope described in it. The title itself makes me hopeful. Even if you've read it before, read it and read it again. It seems that everytime I do I find something I've never noticed or understood before. Progress in recovery makes me more aware, I guess. So, from now on, I'll make sure I keep things balanced on here.
Until next time, God Bless.

{Daily Passage: Grow strong from the challenges of this day.}

{But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. ~ 1 CORINTHIANS 10:13}

No comments:

Post a Comment