Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Little Confrontation

Hellooo Everyone,
Right off the bat, to make a long story short, my boss and I had a little heated conversation this morning. I was bitching about the night shift not doing things properly thus, we have to fix things all of the time. He kept coming up with his usual excuses and it ended with me simply walking away. A little while later, I tried to explain to him the reasons for my argument. All of which were legit. Later in the day, we sat down and discussed a solution to our dilemma.
The point I'm getting at is, I used to let people take advantage of me, let them walk all over me because of the shame and guilt I was feeling. I justified them being superior over me because of my feelings. But no more. I stood up for what I believe and know is true. I held my ground and didn't back down. Five years ago that wouldn't have happened. It shows me how much I've matured in recovery. It shows how brave and courageous I've become and how 'strong minded' I can be when it comes to standing up for the truth. I must say I'm a little proud of myself. Tomorrow night, my boss and I are going to show the night shift the proper way to do the job. Hopefully, they'll pick up on it and we'll all be on the same page.
Until next time, God Bless.

{Note of Inspiration: God will settle all accounts - have no fear.}

{For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him. ~ ISAIAH 30:18}

No comments:

Post a Comment