Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Hellooo Everyone,
OOH, Friday the 13th. Everyone (well, almost everyone) makes such a big deal about this day when it comes around. I was talking with one of my daughters last night and this subject came up. I told her that if you believe in the bad luck associated with Fri. the 13th, then chances are something bad will happen. Murphy's Law type of thing. You'll be so focused on trying to prevent bad stuff that you won't pay attention to the good stuff that happens. Bad stuff happens to me every day, but I don't dwell on it because the gratitude I have totally outweighs it. Some days I don't even notice that things went wrong. It's because they went wrong right at that moment and then it's over. I try to look at the big picture. All that God has blessed me with in the 3 year & 10 months I've been sober is something I can't fathom at times. I'm not saying bad things don't happen, they certainly do. It's what I learn from them is what counts. That's part of life, isn't it? That's called LEARNING, (I try to pass this on to my kids). I need to have balance in my life, taking the good with the bad. When good things happen, I don't question it because it's God's work, He's the boss. It's my job to stay positive (or try to) in order to keep balance. He has better plans than I do. So, go about your day and look for the goodness in everything.
Until next time, God Bless.

{Daily Passage: Don't be like a teeter-totter. A balanced life honors God.}

{The man who fears God will avoid all extremes. ~ ECCLESIASTES 7:18}

No comments:

Post a Comment